The W.A. Young & Sons Foundry & Machine Shop
Rice's Landing, PA
The W.A. Young and Sons Foundry and Machine Shop is a prime example of America's industrial heritage.
William A. Young, owner and operator of the business built the Machine Shop in 1900 with lumber from the family farm. In 1908, the shop expanded to include the foundry. The other major change to the shop occurred in 1928 when it was electrified. All of the equipment dates from 1870 to 1920.
During it's operation, a father and two sons of the Young family manned the shop, except during World War II when the workforce increased to 30 and included women.
The machine shop closed it's doors in 1965. It was saved through purchase by the Greene County Historical Society in 1985. Today it is operated by Rivers of Steel.
It is thought that the spirits of the Young family still watch over the old machine shop. We have experienced phantom footsteps, unexplained noises, EVPs, and EXTREME communication sessions at this haunted location.
Come Ghost Hunting With Us!
Ghosts N'at is the premiere paranormal event production company! Our events are among the highest rated in the industry. REAL Ghost Hunts. REAL Haunted Locations. REAL Paranormal Activity.